Saturday, February 27, 2010

GooGoo Gaga.. Baby Need a Chill Pill?

Lady Ga-Ga attends the Brit Awards
There are a bajillion things one could say about Lady Gaga. That's she's.. I don't know... say a lunatic... that she has an unnatural need for attention... and of course all the jazz about her androgynous, near comic book level get-ups. Call me crazy, but wasn't Madonna doing an '80's version of all this in... well the 80's..? Given that Madame Gaga takes it quite farther than a tin-man style bra ever thought about going, but nonetheless we've seen this sort of outta the box, walking art thing a million times before with a variety of divas, who as Cher once said at a concert during her Believe Tour "have shoes older than these gals" ... So I sort of dig the entire thing, it's different, creative, and gives the term "wardrobe malfunction" a whole new set of possibilities. Which is sort of what I want to address. These looks don't give me so much a "Why?" thought bubble as "How?" one.. The photo I saw this morning that originated today's post I couldn't use because it's copyrighted, but here's a link.. I chose to use the photo to the right instead because I thought it was entertaining how easily you can compare her to one of those yarn knit toilet paper cover dolls your grandmother probably has. But anyhow, my question is how does she get around in some of this stuff? Like I know there's a team of people whose sole purpose in her entourage is to lead her around like the three blind mice when she's out and about, but like physically some of it just perplexes me. If you saw the the photo in the link you may have noticed that the descriptor says she's leaving London's Zuma Restaurant... Leaving? How the hell'd she get in? I'm picturing her kneeling onto a skateboard and being rolled through the door for clearance.. which I think is pretty creative... but who knows what these people come up with to get her in and out of places with this stuff on... And how long in advance do ya wonder they have to plan for how to get her in-this or outta-that... I don't know, but so far she's still alive, no report on the number of injuries sustained by those around her or how many chandeliers have met their fate, but I suppose somebody's doin' something right..

No comments:

Post a Comment