Sunday, February 28, 2010

Magical Monday Mayhem

This picture is truly hysterical... I dare you to try looking at it for thirty seconds without laughing... seriously.. try it.. can't do it can you? I know right!?! Been trying to put my finger on it all morning, but I don't know what it is about it that is so funny. Maybe that everything about it is trying too hard to be oddly romantic or dare I say sexy... oh sorry I have to stop and laugh again... wait.. maybe it's that he looks about as awkward about having it taken as I feel looking at it... look at his face... he's on the verge of laughing with you...

Anyhow this is not about the picture, it's about what it represents.. and that is ABC's magical gift which allows them to turn boring, droopy Monday's into exciting, nail biting (yes, I'm aware hopelessly edited and super-cliche) reality show centerpieces of the week. In fact in my case, Monday's are the highlight of my TV week.. Beginning with yet another one of ABC's miracles "Secret Life of the American Teenager" which is super-cheesy, but that I'm incurably addicted to.. (darn you Brenda Hampton, you get me every time), followed by the Bachelor and then if I'm lucky, since they skip weeks erratically, the treat of a new episode of The Big Bang Theory on CBS. So all in all my Mondays nights are pretty great.

I've particularly enjoyed this season of the Bachelor, as I was not of fan of Deanna, Jason, or Jillian, so I've spent a few seasons only half watching and not really feeling the desire to root for anyone. And in truth I had doubts going in about my interest in this season. Although I always liked Jake, I didn't know if his bore-snore of a persona could carry the show, boy was I wrong!

We've had a scandal packed season and it ain't over yet. Tomorrow will be the finale and better yet, the "After the Final Rose" episode, which is when all the shizz really hits the fan. I'm pretty excited, but wanted to give my predictions before the big day... note that I have done my best to stay away from realitysteve.com this season, since as much as I love him, he's begun ruining the seasons for me... so this is my personal, untainted by the media, thoughts on what is come:

I think he will choose Vienna.. Tenley's sweet, but I think he's just been hoping that would result in real chemistry, since logically he knows she would be good for him, but it simply hasn't... plus could you imagine those two together for real? I'm yawning just thinking about it... However I think he still has very strong feelings for Ali and if he hasn't already, will eventually try to work things out with her. Vienna is not his happily ever after gal.. how long it takes him to figure that out is the question... my guess is they've already called it quits...

The After the Rose episode will consist of one of two scenarios.. either we'll see him pull a Mesnick and straight up ask Ali to take him back right there on the air and Gia will be announced as the new bachelorette... OR ...ABC will exude it's genius and do the unthinkable.. announce Ali as the new Bachelorette, knowing that at some point near the end of her season she will get a phone call from a certain pilot whose discovered he's madly in love with her and would like another chance. She'll choose him and they'll live happily ever after... At least until next season that is...

Those are my picks.. Stay Tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment